[Healeys] Not a Healey Day, Today.

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 18:38:54 MST 2011

Man, Not my story at all. Winter of 65-66 in Blacksburg, VA. If I had
an 8 o'clock, it would start. If I had a 9 o'clock, it wouldn't. Had
to call the Gulf station on the other side of town soooo many times
just to get it cranked, that the next winter I bought a Blacksburg car
('53 Ford wagon) just to use on those days the Healey wouldn't start.

Bob Johnson
BJ8

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I was in Indiana '74-'78 and I remember those record cold temps and snow.
> 40 degrees below zero with wind chill in Lafayette IN., and the Sprite
NEVER
> failed to start.  Pooh, Pooh to all you Pertronix fans, the good old Prince
> of Darkness never let me down.  In fact it would start with just a few
> cranks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Curt
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Greg Mandas <gmandas at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Curt,
>>
>> That happened to me in '74 with my Sunbeam Alpine. Ah youth.
>>
>> I remember the winter of 78. I was in Dayton and we had some record
>> breaking snows. It followed the winter of 77 when we had a month of 20
>> below. Respects to our friends in more northern climates.
>>
>> Greg
>> 65BJ8
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.
>>

>> On Jan 12, 2011, at 10:11 AM, "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Greg,
>>
>> You wimp ;-)  I remember my Sprite being *completely* (I mean NO part of
>> the car was visible) covered in snow in a big blizzard in Quantico, VA in
>> '78.  I was driving it later that afternoon after I dug it out.  Of course
>> that was when my sprite was my only means of transport.
>>
>> BTW, a perfect day here in San Diego County.
>>
>> Stay warm.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Curt
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Greg Mandas < <gmandas at yahoo.com>
>> gmandas at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Last count 23 inches of snow and still coming down.  The winds haven't
>>> started, so I'm not measuring snow drifts. My Bernese Mountain Dog just
>>> looks at me when I open the door for him to go out.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>> 65BJ8