[Healeys] Girling Servo testing

Tadeusz Malkiewicz tadeusz.malkiewicz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:22:35 MST 2011

Hello,

I have just completed a small winter project:
(too cold to work in the garage to finish my BN2 :-( ).

Assembly and descriptions are 1/3 way down the page:
http://volvo1800pictures.com/sweden/Volvo_1800_dokumentation_main_page_en.ph

Detailed description, assembly & testing procedure is here:
http://volvo1800pictures.com/document/Service_manual_jack/part_5_brakes_disc
_brakes/part_5_brakes_disc_brakes.pdf

I have made a similar 'test station' as described in document above - the
functionality is roughly equivalent to the original Girling/Volvo one:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/GirlingServoTesting#

If you are planning to rebuild it, I would recommend resleaving the pressure
cylinder in the alu body (I use a company called Past Parts in UK to do it).
Also, make sure your vacuum is tight & change all the bolts - especially
change the UNF bolts that hold canister to alu body to longer ones to be
able to tighten it better..

If you have any questions, shoot :-)

Tadek