[Healeys] rear oil seal conversion

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 09:44:34 MST 2011

Sounds like *speculation mode on* a lightened flywheel would be less desirable with a 3.54 rearend *speculation mode off*

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Yes, it makes sense to lighten the flywheel. It will provide a more dynamic
feeling to the engine...more throttle response. The downside is that the
car will have less momentum when starting off. However, I have found the
trade-off well worth it.

I would stay away from an ALI flywheel. This is for more high performance
cars and no necessary for street cars. A better value is to simply have
your existing flywheel machined to remove some extra weight....or purchase a
steel one.

Paul