[Healeys] Seat belt webbing

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:33:32 MST 2011

Notwithstanding SCCA's rules which have also been adopted by most vintage
race organizations New Jersey has mandated that restraints at race events be
dated within three years.  I have never seen a NJ State Trooper looking over
the shoulder of a tech inspector but that's the law in any case.

BTW I must ask whether anyone really thinks that they would survive a
collision in their Healey if the force were such that it might come near
tearing the webbing?  I'm all for wearing seat belts to prevent ejection and
provide greater driver comfort, etc. but I have no illusions that they will
ever save my life were I ever involved in a serious collision in my Healey
unless there were roll and intrusion bars fit and I were wearing five point
belts and a Hans device, etc.  And think about that steering column!

Best--Michael Oritt