[Healeys] Avon CR6ZZ tires

Craig Rice craigsuerice at iquest.net
Thu Feb 24 20:37:40 MST 2011

Michael,

I have the same Michelin zX 175 R15's mounted on my Spruce Green BN1 using
72 SS spoke, 5 inch, chrome Dayton wheels. These are "80" aspect ratio
tires. If you have "70" aspect ratio tires, the sidewall would be embossed
"175/70 R15. For some reason (???????) the tire manufacturers don't emboss
the sidewall of an "80" aspect ratio tire. Maybe someone on "The List" has
some info as to why the "80" is not embossed.

I agree that the Michelin zX 175 R15 fills the wheel cut-out extremely well.
The outside diameter of this tire & the OEM Dunlop 590-15's is 26.0 +/- 0.10
inches. No speedo correction!
Maybe someday Michelin will offer them. Wonder how many 1000's in orders
would start production.........I'll take two sets. Keep dreaming.

Craig Rice   (Indiana)
BN1 & BN2