[Healeys] BJ8 Door Lock/Latch

Jonas Payne JPayne at ThorCon.net
Mon Feb 21 09:15:03 MST 2011

I have a passenger side door latch that is failing and cause for some
concern, as I don't want to lose my passenger when cornering.

While underway, and when entering the car, sometimes the latch will not
hold it's "latched" position on the post in either of its 2 positions .

 In addition, in fiddling with it, with the door open, sometimes it
fails to positively engage either of it's 2 latch positions.  IE - it
just swings around doing nothing.

What is the recommended process for repairing one of these, since they
apparently are not re-produced.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084