[Healeys] Vredestein Sprint Classic - AH tire choice

Mr.. Bill bn1 at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 20 23:23:47 MST 2011

This thread is so beat to death, I can't believe it*'s* going around
another time! I will add one post regarding the maximum size that will
fit a BN1 without rubbing the front wheel wells. I refuse to get
involved in this thread again, so please don't ask any questions as they
will not be answered. I am not being nasty, just tired of repeating myself.

My BN1 is #663 sporting the smallest front wheel wells of any Healey. I
run Dayton 6" 72 spoke S/S & chrome wheels. Yes, I said SIX INCH! Those
are shod with tubeless 205/65 Dunlop SP2000's.
http://www.ctyres.co.uk/tyres/dunlop.php

I have NEVER had any rubbing in the front. VERY occasionally the rear
tires will rub lightly on the inside against the bump stop bolts. It is
so slight that I haven't even burned the paint off, just added a black
rubber mark.

My front suspension is nothing special but everything has either been
rebuilt or replaced. The only modification from stock is a 7/8" sway bar
which keeps the car almost flat in the hardest of corners even with
those large footprints.

You are probably thinking that I baby the car to keep it from rubbing.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Here is my Caregiver running
her very first gymkhana at California Healey Week, 2010. If she wouldn't
have lugged it, she would have beaten all the guys and come in first
instead of second. Turn up your sound and enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHOWzwrlDI

Bill
'53 BN1M (Just for Mr. Oritt.)
'61 BT7