[Healeys] Restoration Question

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Feb 20 19:49:56 MST 2011

Herb,

People will argue this point all day long but we have always found that if
the chassis rails as well as the inner sills, outriggers and floor pans that
all work as a semi-unibody team are healthy, the weight of engine and
gearbox should not change things. If the above mentioned complete structure
has enough flex to make that much difference, something in that structure
"team" isn't healthy.
Obviously while changing that much of the structure, much of that unibody
team will be absent, allowing flex even if the chassis rails are okay, so
the chassis will need to be supported so it is straight, etc, and all
additions of inner sill, floors etc. will have to be maintained.
Always use the outer panels (before they are repaired) as indicators to
maintain door gaps, pillar placement, etc.

Rich