[Healeys] Number of MK2 BN7s

lists lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Thu Feb 10 04:14:22 MST 2011

Andrea,

there were 5,451 tri-carb Austin-Healey 3000s built. Just the 2-seater (BN7) was in these low numbers of 355. Another 5,096 4-seaters (BT7) were built. I think the reason AH got the homologation was, FIVA did not differentiate between 2 and 4-seaters.

Eric

ONE consideration
Tri Carb was built to make one little seriers of AH Tri carb car to allow the AH WORKS CARS to mount Tri WEBERS
FIVA regulament don't consider the tipe or the maker of the carb only the number
If I remember right FIVA for this  omologation minimun series  number was 500 cars.-BUT probabily I am wrong
Evidently AH have obtained the omologation
and quikly  returned to the more economic and  simple solution TWO carb
Andrea