[Healeys] BJ8 Carburetor Throttle Shaft

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 02:06:49 MST 2011

I am wondering if other have the same experience. Admittedly on A-H 100
and early models, I have found that these shaft pins are actually
tapered. Being so they will only come out easily in the way they were
fitted. Replacement shaft kits recently purchased from Burlen called up
taper pins in there instruction sheet but they only supplied straight
pins. Perhaps there is some sense in this because not many owners will
have a set of taper reamers. Luckily I have and put the pins back as
original. A plain pin will work I suspect but is rather a compromise.

Regards

>Drill the holes to match the original position otherwise your linkage will not
>line up.
>Bill Lawrence
>
>> I am in the process of rebuilding my carburetors and have ordered some new
>> parts. One is the throttle shaft. The replacement is much longer than the
>> original and does not have holes for the pins at the end.
John Harper