[Healeys] Front suspension dismantle

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 10:28:33 MST 2011

Tim

On ones that I have taken apart to service there is a ring between the
two 'cranks' to which the piston 'con rods' are attached. This has been
punched into a recess in the shaft so as to stop it moving sideways. You
will have to remove the main cover fixed by about 10 small screws.
Inside you will see this ring. The only way I have been able to remove
this is to drill out the punched area and then split the ring. I then
had to make replacement rings to reassemble. I have found no other
method that works but perhaps others have?

Regards

--
John Harper