[Healeys] [Fwd: Your Iconic Healey]

Jackson Krall jackson_krall at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 18:04:00 MST 2011

My big sisters' boyfriend had a TR3, which I really liked to get rides in. A neighbor got a big Healey that was striking in red over black(or was it the otherwayaround),but I didn't see it much and then we moved. I turned 16 in 1966 and took my drivers test in my sisters' Spitfire. Shortly therafter, I was looking through a Road and Track at the drugstore when I came upon an ad for the Austin Healey 3000 MKIII. Again struck by its beauty, I went over to the dealer on the east side of Madison and they had a red one in the showroom. I didn't know how I was going to get one of these but I was going to get one. The following june I paid $600. for a 1958 100/6 MM.
Best
JK