[Healeys] BN1 axle leak

Peter & Veronica greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 13 23:12:33 MST 2011

Gbday list

The Ward Special (BN1, 5 stud axle) appears to be leaking oil from a small
weep hole on the lower inside face of the axle flange to which the brake back
plate bolts. Therebs no oil getting inside the brake, and the axle is still
pretty well full. This only came to light when I parked at a matebs place
for a couple of hours & he said there was a pool of oil near where my LH rear
wheel had been. The carbs sat in my shed for a few days since with no sign
of a leak, although when I took the wheel off the inside was coated with oil.
Any thoughts?

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz