[Healeys] BJ8 Engine mount set up

Thomas J. Morrione tjmorrio at colby.edu
Fri Dec 2 05:44:55 MST 2011

Hello all,
I'm working on my 1964 BJ8 and am now (finally) putting in my engine, trans
and OD. I need advice on setting up the engine mounts. I've read the
archives and Alan Bromfield's engine mount PDF (with great pictures and
diagrams) on John Sims's site. Bromfield suggests setting the gap between
the rubber buffers at 1/22 of an inch (.8mm) and trimming them at the right
angle to fit where they meet. (The gap now is 3/8 inch on 1 side and about
5/8 on the other.)

2 questions: has anyone had experience with this particular set up and
adjustment? (John said that he's not heard back about this set up.) And,
what seems like the gap that would work best if this 1/22 inch isn't it?

Many thanks in advance,
Tom