[Healeys] Transmission-Overdrive locked up

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 29 19:55:11 MDT 2011

The overdrive has not been operated for several years but worked
before replacing a few parts. The OD and transmission worked freely
before mating the two together. Everything lined up fine and they
slipped together without forcing anything.

After bolting the trans and OD together the OD will not move and when
the transmission is in gear it will not move either. All I could
garner from the archives is that the OD brake ring or clutch assembly
might be locked due to weak clutch springs. They were a little
shorter than spec.

Do I need to replace the set of 8 springs or is there another problem?

Thanks,
John Spaur
'62 BT7