[Healeys] 1936 Pontiac Production line

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:59:10 MDT 2011

It clearly is choreographed:  The workers step up and back from their tasks
almost in unison, there is no interchange between them, no false moves,
pauses or hesitations *and no one is smoking.*  Even the actions of the
assembly machines seem to be coordinated!

Nevertheless it is quite amazing and the music lends a somewhat sinister
"Brave New World" feeling especially when you consider that the functions of
most of those men who seem to move like automatons have been supplanted by
real robots.

Best--Michael Oritt