[Healeys] Oil routing in engine

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:46:55 MDT 2011

Does the oil go to the oil filter first then branch out?  I have always
understood that if the relief valve is opened because of high pressure it
drains back into the oil pan through the hole that "could" be covered by the
sump gasket.  So if the oil goes to the pressure relief valve first any by
passed unfiltered oil would simply drain back into the pan to be sucked back
up into the oil pump. Right/ wrong?

Message: 1