[Healeys] Healey Special tools/ weird spanners

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 06:54:12 MDT 2011

How 'bout the 'special' tool you need to remove front wheel bearing dust caps (besides pliers)?  I made one out of a
length of all-thread with a 5/16" coupler welded to the end.  For the brace, I cut up a section of a bicycle training
wheel bracket.  A couple of flatwashers and a nut completes the fab.

To pull the seal out of a steering box I bent the tip of a flat-blade screwdriver 90deg.  To insert the new seal I
ground the tips of a couple small steel rods flat to use as 'drifts' (you need two to keep one side from popping out
whilst you persuade the other).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net