[Healeys] Healey Special tools/ weird spanners

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 03:20:58 MDT 2011

Hey guys,
Has anyone ever compiled a list and pics of the weird and wonderful
BMC Special tools, spanners and sockets you need to restore a Healey
(and their 'workable alternatives')?
For example:
Front crankshaft pulley nut removal requires (BMC Part number is
xxxxxx) which is a six sided 1in Whitworh socket (thanks Alan
Bromfield). Workable alternative is 1 11/16 AF (preferably 6 sided)
socket...
Rear hub nut is a weird 8 sided.......
Temperature sensor is... Alternative tool can be homemade using an
angle grinder, a long reach socket, and a hose clamp...
Get it?
Etc.
I've googled, no authoritative list.
So I'll make one and publish it at www,myaustinhealey.com (and yes,
like all my stuff, any Healey Club mag can republish).
And all those who contribute will be acknowledged.
Trying to help Patrick Quinn Esq. has made me realise just how much
stuff (information, tools, etc) I've either forgotten, misplaced, or
lost in my divorce!!
Feel free to add to this!
Chris

Sent from my iPhone