[Healeys] erstwhile Healey Museum in Virginia

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 13:43:46 MDT 2011

In a message dated 8/14/11 11:05:49 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> At the end there is some description of the fundation. The objective
> being:
> "To historically preserve the cars and memories of Donald M. Healey and
> his
> family, and all thoose who helped design,develop, produce, amrket and race
> the cars that bear the Healey name."
> "In addition to specific milestone cars, the Bill Wood Collection of
> Healey
> production documentation, obtained from Geoff Healey, will be a major part
> of the museum's Resource Center."

If I'm not mistaken, all of the cars were individually sold off as part of
a divorce settlement, and the collected research materials and documents
were sold to someone in Switzerland who was promising to make them available
again as part of his campaign to launch a "new Healey" -- To my knowledge,
neither has happened, and I think they're lost again. Bill Emerson might know,
since he's still around and was curator of the intended museum in Virginia.

G.