[Healeys] Pedal travel ?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 18:36:27 MDT 2011

re: "Should there be a stop that holds the clutch pedal in plane with the brake?"

Don't think so ... you might be effectively 'riding the clutch,' causing it to slip/wear.  You can get shims that will
displace the clutch M/C towards the front that would lower the pedal a bit.

Re: the brakes; I think we need more info (car model, drum/disk, servo/no servo).  Quick take: these cars' brakes are
hard to bleed properly, that's where I would start (even though they 'seemed' to bleed).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net