[Healeys] Front crankshaft pulley nut size

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:53:48 MDT 2011

Guys,
I've just spent a few hours in my Mums's garage, where all my car
stuff lives (mostly in boxes) since my divorce.
I promised Patrick Quinn I'd lend him my 3/4in drive socket and drive
bar for his front pulley nut.
My question? What bloody size is it?
I've found my Dremmel. I've found a piston from a Formula one car
circa 1989. But do you think I can find a front pulley nut to check
the size??? I've found the 3/4 in drive bar, and a half a doz 3/4in
drive sockets.
I've found a 1 5/8 AF socket, which sort of looks right... But my
memory tells me it's a weird size like 1 11/16 or  something???
Anyone help?
What size is the front pulley nut on a 100/6 3000 C series engine??
Chris

Sent from my iPhone