[Healeys] Fuel Tank Sending Unit

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 09:23:55 MDT 2011

A friend needs to replace his BJ8 fuel tank sending unit, I checked the
archives, but I found conflicting information. He recently purchased one from
Victoria British, but the resistance wire inside was loosely & inconsistently
wound providing erratic &/or no reading. I see that NOS Locators is offering a
"New" improved version with dual brushes. They seem to have mixed reviews in
the archives, but that may have been for earlier single brush units. Moss also
seemed to have mixed reviews. What is the current recommendation for fuel
sending units. Also, I noticed that the BJ8 sending unit is apparently
different from all earlier 6 cylinder sending units. What is the reason for
this?
Thanks,
Gary Hodson