[Healeys] Transmission rebuild

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:48:15 MDT 2011

John -

Sounds to me like you don't have the dowel bolts on your bell housing.
 There are two "dowel bolts," which have a slightly larger diameter shank
and go in the I think the 11 o'clock and 5 o'clock positions or something
like that.  These bolts serve to properly center the gearbox with the
engine.  Your gearbox is probably off center and binding slightly cocked
with the pilot bushing in the crankshaft, binding the whole thing up.

Regards,

Alan