[Healeys] 100 Timing chain tensioner question

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Aug 3 18:40:04 MDT 2011

Bert,

The possibility of the rubber tensioner ring breaking up will occur with one
that's 55 years old, having become old and brittle. A new one will certainly
be there to do its job, shouldn't break up and will be quieter. The noise
I've heard will be most noticeable at low revs, like a low rattling, but
hard to describe. I would recommend you certainly install a new one as I
always do on these Hundred engines.

Rich