[Healeys] Accessing lower bolt on starter motor.

John & Kerry rowe jkrowe46 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 3 09:08:39 MDT 2011

Derek
I did this 2 weeks ago. Took about 2-3 hours with lots of swearing etc. Had
to put the bolt from the rear with a narrower nut in the front.Took a bit of
fiddling to get the nut started. Used an open end spanner on the nut and a
ratchet socket on the bolt (Put spring washer on bolt end and used Loctite
and will have to keep an eye on it. I used about a 2" extension on the
socket. In retrospect, I should have removed the slave cylinder. I also had
to remove the modified oil filter.
Ps you also need thin fingers)
But in the end it was well worth it!!

John Rowe  Qld Australia