[Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 23:16:45 MDT 2011

Thanks, Bill.  I forgot about that.  Senior Moment combined with Short Term
Memory Loss.

Although the matter of performance always comes up when people try to
justify the use of premium gasoline in their Healeys, my interest leans
toward the unnecessary cost.  The lowest price in Vacaville today according
to GasBuddy is $4.11 for regular at an ARCO station, the highest is $4.59
for premium at a 76 station.  Filling my gas tank with 14 gallons of regular
at ARCO would cost $57.54.  If I were to fill up with premium at 76 because
I thought it made my car run better, I would pay $64.26.  I would fill up at
ARCO and smile each time I saved $6.72, or about 11%, per tankfull.  Not
much, you say?  Maybe, but over the long run, it would add up to significant
savings with no engine problems and no loss of performance.  That just makes
me feel good all over!

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031