[Healeys] Ratchet Spanners

Jody Kerr jodyfkerr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 23:27:04 MDT 2011

I just double checked. The "gear wrench" brand that I have (5+ years
of use with no issues) is listed on Amazon for 45$ us:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002NYD26?tag=thmibera-20&camp=14573&creative=32764
1&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B0002NYD26&adid=17Y7J5GJEJ3APB4QR8Z7&

Considering how weak the dollar is these days, I should think they'd
be a bargain to folks in Canada, Australia and Europe. If the issue is
availability I'd be happy to help folks by ordering them and shipping
them over, but I'm willing to bet Amazon will be cheaper.

Jody

On Friday, April 29, 2011, Eric (Rick) Wilkins <e-wilkins at cox.net> wrote:
> A similar tool with a much less expensive price for entry is the crowfoot
wrench set for about 20% of the cost of individual ratchets.

http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2575-8-Inch-Crowfoot-Wrench/dp/B000NPUJNA/ref=sr
_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1304140538&sr=1-1

> On Apr 29, 2011, at 9:35 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:
>

> Like these?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_25984315
-P_x_x

> There are several types.  Some have ratchets on both ends, but I prefer the
ratchet/box end type.  Also, you want the ones with the lever to switch
directions (without the lever you have to turn the wrench over to reverse).

> These wrenches are very handy.  I have a set of the Sears (Craftsmen), and
the half-inch that fits the nuts on my HD8s' air filters is worth the price.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jodyfkerr@gmail.com

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/They-Might-Be-Racing/182813478411202<--Follow

1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so."
--Douglas Adams