[Healeys] Gas

Bob Yule autofarm at cyg.net
Fri Apr 29 06:27:16 MDT 2011

    It's often said that 90% of carburetor problems are electrical.  I wonder
if some of these ethanol/gas problems fall into that category.  My Healey sat
all winter (Canadian winter) and started as soon as the pump had done its job.
Same with two MG'S that we have.   I have two lawn mowers, both of them
started right away and our gas powered trimmer started with the same amount of
cord pulling that it always takes. All these machines were simply parked for
the winter with the batteries removed, and started on the same gas that was
left in them.
    We buy most of our gas from the local agricultural Co-op, and I would bet
it has all the ethanol in it that is allowed.
Cheers.......Bob
Check out our web site www.autofarm.net