[Healeys] Vehicle Registration in PA

Jonas Payne JPayne at ThorCon.net
Thu Apr 28 09:18:07 MDT 2011

People donbt drive severely overloaded 40 year old pickups that crab down the road, or rusted out Buick Electra 225bs in your neck of the woods?

Jonas Payne

Director of Preconstruction

Thor Construction

PH:    (702) 269-2007

Fax:   (702) 269-7095

Cell:   (702) 358-5084

From: Bob Spidell [mailto:bspidell at comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:15 AM
To: Jonas Payne
Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Vehicle Registration in PA

I see how that kind of 'loophole' would encourage that.  I think that was mitigated in CA, which had (has?) a 'cash for clunkers' program which paid, I think, $750 for older vehicles, running or not.   They offered to buy my Healey a couple times; I wrote back that I MIGHT take $75,000.  Never heard from them again.

Generally, the only older (pre-1968) cars I see on the road are a) primo collector cars and b) original, mostly Detroit iron driven and lovingly maintained by VERY senior citizens.

Senior citizen=anyone older than me.

Bob