[Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 17:43:48 MDT 2011

>From my experience with my string trimmer, filters clog because of the
snot-like goop ethanol and water make, especially after it sits for awhile.
This is the first I've heard of Ethanol corroding tanks.

--- On Tue, 4/26/11,
Dave Murphy <roadwarriordave at hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Dave Murphy
<roadwarriordave at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel
Tank for Big Healeys
@autox.team.net" <healeys at autox.team.net>
> Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2011,
9:13 AM
> Chris,
> Unfortunatey ethanol is NOT A CHOICE at gas pumps

(bowsers?) in the US
> midwest. ALL gasoline in the midwest US contains at
least
> 10 % ethanol and
> some can contain much more.
> Low octane
("regular") or "High"er octane ("super") is
> usually the only
> choice, but
both have 10% + ethanol.  Often there is a
> midgrade, but also with
> 10% +
ethanol.
> I an NOT into buying cheap gas - I do buy the highest
> octane I
can find , but
> I am still concerned with the ethanol causing my tank to

corrode or rust (and
> my fuel filter plugging as a result of the corrosion) -
> hence the stainless
> steel tank question.
>
> > Hey Dave, don't you have a
choice at the bowser?
> > Ethanol or not?
> > High octane or not?
> > The
original factory owners manual says healeys need
> 100 -105 British

octane. > > You should be at the highest octane
> pump available in your

country.

Healeys at autox.team.net
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html