[Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys

Dave Murphy roadwarriordave at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:13:43 MDT 2011

Chris,
Unfortunatey ethanol is NOT A CHOICE at gas pumps (bowsers?) in the US
midwest. ALL gasoline in the midwest US contains at least 10 % ethanol and
some can contain much more.
Low octane ("regular") or "High"er octane ("super") is usually the only
choice, but both have 10% + ethanol.  Often there is a midgrade, but also with
10% + ethanol.
I an NOT into buying cheap gas - I do buy the highest octane I can find , but
I am still concerned with the ethanol causing my tank to corrode or rust (and
my fuel filter plugging as a result of the corrosion) - hence the stainless
steel tank question.