[Healeys] Headlight fusing - was Inline fuses

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 06:48:03 MDT 2011

No one seems to have suggested circuit breakers. They protect the circuit
without killing the lights. I have the high and low beams on different
relays, but the feed to both of them is protected by a single 20A
breaker..Same with my driving and fog lights.

On the other hand, when I asked my local mechanic (not one who knows Lucas),
about what amp breaker I should use, he insisted on giving me a length of
fusible wire and said that modern cars were using that for protection.

Jack