[Healeys] carb separation

DANIEL WILLS dndwills at verizon.net
Wed Apr 20 12:47:06 MDT 2011

Hi all, I have just gotten a Healey 100 with a dealer installed
LeMans kit. I am new to the whole thing but have loved them forever,
and am getting an education from  the Listers . I have noticed
reports that the carbs will heat up during stops at lights, in
traffic etc. Do many people have this problem? I had it in a 70 Volvo
and it was real problem(in this case they were right over the
exhaust manifold.) I wonder if as others have suggested a heat
blocking gasket might do it which, as I recall, never worked in the
Volvo.
Dan