[Healeys] Dual fuel pumps

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:47:50 MDT 2011

Keith,
I'm not sure if running them in series is the best way to go.
Before I went to a single Carter fuel pump in my race car, I used two SU fuel
pumps plumbed in parallel for many many years, without any problems. I had a
separate toggle switch for each pump.
My thinking is that if they are in series, you are pushing fuel through one of
the fuel pumps that is not functioning. If you have both pumps switched on,
then they are perhaps making to much pressure. I'm not an expert in this area,
but parallel plumbing makes more sense to me.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon