[Healeys] Tank sender sealant - screws

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 12 21:48:30 MDT 2011

Joe M suggested a sealant for the tank sender unit.

I am giddy after getting what I think was a great screw from my
favorite place for screws (pun intended).

It has an O-ring nestled in a grove cut in the head and seals when
tightened. However, I have not tried it yet. The downside is that it
is not a locking screw, although  APM Hexseel states that they have those.

I intend to use some blue lock tight on the threads in lieu of a lock
washer which would damage the seal.

http://www.apmhexseal.com/ - main page; search for self-sealing
fasteners and nuts.

John S