[Healeys] Re - Fuse block terminal A3

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 11 07:27:09 MDT 2011

The wires were  ran through the loom differently on the new harnesses.  I
noticed this
difference too with my new British Wiring harness, but after carefully
redrawing my own
schematic out and doing continuity checks everything checked out OK.

So rather than tapping into a white wire out in the field somewhere the
power source is
taken off the fuse box on the new harnesses.   This makes it easier to put
in an inline
fuse for each individual device at the fuse box rather than further down the
line.

Fuses also make it easy to take a device out of a circuit when you don't
want it to operate
at a certain time .  For instance when you want to turn the car over to get
the oil pressure
up and maybe you prefer not to have the fuel pump shooting petrol into the
carbs at the same time.   Just a twist of the fuse holder and removing the
fuse is a bit easier than trying
to remove one wire from the wire stack at the fuse holder screw joints.
Just mark the
in line fuse holders so your not constantly guessing which one goes where.

Mark