[Healeys] BN1 White I.D. Tags Available

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Apr 10 08:04:34 MDT 2011

Hello all,

I am very pleased to announce that the Longbridge white plastic I.D. tags
that were originally fitted to all BN1's for about the first 5000 cars is
now available as an excellent reproduction piece. The cars that were fitted
with these tags include the BN1 series from the beginning  of production
through until unified engine and chassis numbers commenced in mid September
'54.

This is the tag that is about the size of a credit card, and fastens to the
left side forward kick panel, just ahead of the door. Many cars are missing
these tags because when the old original trim panel was removed for whatever
reason over the years, the tag went with it and was often lost. It was held
in place with 4 small slotted pan head screws that passed into the wood trim
panel.

Anyway, one of our Southern Ontario members, Mr. Bill Park, has been working
at perfecting this tag for quite some time and has brought me samples to
examine. Bill has reproduced these perfectly, right down to the uneven
placing of some of the letters and numbers, exactly as original. If anybody
wishes to see a sample of the new tags, please contact me by email and I'll
send you a picture.

We want to be careful in offering these tags so fraud can be avoided.
Therefore we ask that anybody wanting one of these tags for your car be
aware of the following procedure:

1. Contact me, providing your chassis and engine number and current proof of
ownership of the car. Also include your complete name, address and contact
information.

2. I want to ensure your car and you are currently listed in the Hundred
Registry that I maintain. I may need to contact you for specific
clarification of details, etc.

3. Include a check for $45.00 made out to Mr. Bill Park. This will cover the
cost of producing your individual tag and postal costs to mail it back to
you.

4. If everything is in order, I will forward all to Bill and he will produce
your tag and mail it to you, along with your receipt.

My mailing information is:

Rich Chrysler

735 Glancaster Rd.

Mount Hope, Ont.