[Healeys] Do Moss ign points suck or what?

Peter Schauss rpschauss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:59:52 MDT 2011

FWIW, I drove my Healey to work during the summer for 15 years (until 2
years ago when I finally realized that I had to get an agreed value
insurance policy).  I was putting about 6k miles a year on the car.  I only
had to have the car towed twice during that time, once because of a faulty
rotor and the other when my brakes failed.

My MGB, which I have driven somewhat more, has been towed about four times
in 20 years that I have owned it.

I should note that the only tools or spares I carry in my cars are a screw
driver and a spare rotor, plus what I need to change a tire.  From past
experience I have learned that it is possible that the damage I might do to
a car in trying to repair it by the side of the road can be more expensive
than the cost of towing.

Peter Schauss

1963 BJ7

1980 MGB