[Healeys] abrasives

DANIEL WILLS dndwills at verizon.net
Wed Apr 6 08:55:39 MDT 2011

I suggest to the initial questioner to Google TP Products,Canfield,
Ohio. They sell a wide range of abrasives and sand blasting
equipment.  The site has a description of the cutting quality of each
type. The 60 grit aluminum oxide really gets after rust and stays
shaper longer, the longest lasting although finer, 80 I think, is
carborundum(sp?)
I didn't have much luck with a pressure blaster , the valve kept
clogging even with a bigger diameter. I think the siphon feed is
better. In either case one has to keep the sand dry or it will carve
out a small cave around the pick up tube. The air must be dry also or
it ice up in the head. Use the carbide nozzles. Since it is an
abrasive the oxide will cut into head and any metal pipes that lead
to it. You have to keep checking.
Dan