[Healeys] Rusty Sparkplugs (not my dog's name)

Ron Ray ronald-ray at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 26 06:53:31 MDT 2010

Folks,

Last spring, after my 3000 BT7 had sat for a while, it would not start.  The
problem was that a coating of surface rust had formed on the spark plugs
resulting in the inability for the spark to jump across the gap.  Upon
cleaning the plugs the car started immediately.  This happened several
months later.  I am assuming the cause is humid air and the ease in which
this humid air can enter the carburetors and pass through open valves into
the cylinders.

However, this same problem occurred this past week in less than 24 hours
after driving the car approximately 60 miles.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  Ron