[Healeys] dynamo

bighealey3k at aim.com bighealey3k at aim.com
Sat Sep 25 10:37:19 MDT 2010

An emery board is not a good idea.  It can leave some abrasive material
imbedded in the point material and act as an insulator.  Like wise with sand
paper or emery cloth.  A nail file could work if it is all metal.  I don't
know about those metal ones with diamond dust imbedded in them and then in
turn imbedding some diamond in the point material again acting as an insulator
and or causing premature point wear.  My father back in the early 50's warned
me about using an emery board on points of any kind be it on a voltage
regulator or distributor.  That's when I learned about a points file.  Hope
this helps someone from making that mistake.

Larry
'67 BJ8