[Healeys] Distributor

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 07:31:14 MDT 2010

Probably should have added that I checked the timing each time and made sure
they were the same.  Used the same rotor and cap with both.  Thats why I am so
confused.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."

> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:21:49 +0800
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributor
> From: healey.nut at gmail.com
> To: stmiller96 at hotmail.com; healeys at autox.team.net
>
> The pertonix ignitor will be as far as 15 to 20 deg out from a points
> distributor, so you have to check timing using the strobe each time
> you swap out the dizzys. Also check the caps and rotor, you may have
> a bar rotor or cap in there.
>
> Alan
>

> On 9/25/10, S and T Miller <stmiller96 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Yesterday I drove up to North Jersey (3 hrs each way) to help out a
fellow
> > AHSTC member who hasn't been able to drive his 3000 in 2 years. In test
> > driving his car, he had a VERY loud "gun shot" type backfire when you
tried
> > maintain a speed under very little load. Also a slight miss at various
> > times.
> > I went through everything- adjust carbs, checked ign wires, timing, etc.
He