[Healeys] colorado red code needed

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 24 06:51:31 MDT 2010

What I think is that I didn't read anywhere when I signed up that questions
could only be asked once.  I'm guessing that the rational behind the "it was
asked and answered once before, so don't dare ask" thinking is that we could
never discover any new ways of doing things, new products could never be
offered or improved anywhere, and the members' knowledge is redundant and
unnecessary at this point because it's all stored online and in books.  ( not
dissing technology and/or books.  I couldn't live without google at this
point, and I have very high regard for the people who make the information
available. )

Maybe to further that thinking, we could set up the list to not post any new
input and instead just autoreply with "Check the ARCHIVES!"?

In a nutshell, I just think it's rude and anti-social to routinely direct
people to the archives, especially when there is a simple answer AND it has
already been supplied.

I can understand when it's a complex issue and the people here give their
opinion and suggest that for the full range of opinions they might check the
archives as there has been discussion on the issue before.  Or, you know, when
it appears that no-one is answering, you might suggest to the person that it
has been discussed before and they may find the answer they're looking for in
the archives?

And if you really have the time to just chastize someone for asking a
question, maybe you have the time to search the archives for them?  ( If you
know it's in the archives perhaps you remember a good keyword to find the info
with. )

Anyway, you asked what I thought ...

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada