[Healeys] Replacement Light Bulbs

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 05:41:39 MDT 2010

Tim -

A couple things to keep in mind here.

1)  LED lights almost exclusively need to work with negative ground,
so your car must be negative ground.
2)  LEDs come in all kinds, and the cheaper variety are almost always
dimmer than a standard 1157 bulb.

This means you must buy a proper LED bulb.  I have looked the world
over for good bulbs, and have found only one supplier that
consistently provides a superior product.  It is these guys:

http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm

Their first listing on the page looks quite interesting (it's new),
very bright and has a proper taper to the bulb to fit in the 1157
socket.

They ship worldwide.  If their system won't let you ship to the Uk,
just send them an email and they will sort it out.  I have them send
stuff to Hong Kong all the time.  Not cheap, but the product is the
best stuff on the market.  Brighter than Halogen bulbs - actually if
you look at it straight it can hurt your eyes.  Perfect for our cars
that have little tiny lenses.

Cheers,

Alan

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Tim Ward <timwarduk at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I hope this request does not outrage the purists.
>

> I would like to fit LED Bulbs to replace the incandescent bulbs in the
Stop,