[Healeys] removing the rear bearing.

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 22:55:48 MDT 2010

  1) pull the wheel, drum and axle
2) pull the hub off the axle housing (various methods available--check the archives)
3) use a hydraulic press to remove the bearing
4) replace the seal
5) press the bearing back into the hub (make sure it's still good)
6) replace the hub on the axle (axle press is best, can be done with suitable drift and hammer--helps to heat the hub
and bearing)
7) replace axle, drum and wheel

Might as well do both while you're at it.

I'm assuming you're referring to a rear axle hub bearing.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net