[Healeys] OD problem

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 17:09:08 MDT 2010

If your overdrive relay goes bad, then it's possible to power the overdrive
solenoid through the throttle switch only.  Once you step on the gas,
though, you open the throttle switch contacts and the overdrive drops out.
You can test the relay by turning on the ignition and the overdrive dash
switch.  Pull off the white/green wires from relay terminal C2 and check to
see if you have 12 volts at the terminal.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA