[Healeys] OD Design Flaw? (was Munched Overdrive?)

Dave Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Sun Sep 19 15:50:59 MDT 2010

The mechanic was wrong. If the engine is shut down there is no pressure to
keep the O/D "engaged" for long, it bleeds off pretty rapidly. It's also
necessary to have the solenoid powered to keep the operating valve open. The
reverse switch is another animal altogether, as it keeps power from going to
the solenoid when reverse is purposely selected.
dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107