[Healeys] Munched overdrive

Richard Dryman rdryman1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 19:52:19 MDT 2010

5 speed may be the way to go

________________________________
From: I
Erbs <eyera3 at gmail.com>
To: Editorgary at aol.com
Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
Sent: Sat, September 18, 2010 8:36:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Munched
overdrive

Why pull the engine too?  The clutch comes out on its own....

5:19:23 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
> writes:
>

>> I drove my BT7
to a Healey event this weekend. When I backed the car out
>> of
>> its parking
space I heard a loud CLUNK! On the way home, I couldn't
>> operate
>> the
overdrive from the dash switch. When I got home I pulled the car a
>> bit

too far into the garage and, after shutting off the engine, I tried to
>> push
>> the car back. It wouldn't budge. So I started it and backed it up under

power. CLUNK! Have I munched my overdrive?

>> Bill Wilkman
>> BT7.

hate to be the bearer of really, really bad tidings, but...
>>From personal
experience, you have definitely lunched your overdrive.
> Somehow, you managed
to have the car still in overdrive and it didn't have
> time
> to drop out of
overdrive when you placed it in reverse and released the
> clutch. I'm afraid
your winter will consist of pulling the engine and
> overdrive, and finding a
replacement overdrive or someone who has a set of
> planetary
> overdrive
gears, because when you open your overdrive, you're going to
find
> a major
handful of metal shards where a gearset used to be.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Unsubscribe/Manage: