[Healeys] Oil Cooler questions

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 04:48:41 MDT 2010

Listers-

The car that I recently purchased came with an oil cooler fitted however I'm
not sure yet that I want to retain it and I have some questions

1. In normal driving conditions i.e. non competitive, does an oil cooler
really make any difference

2. The oil cooler is fitted low down below the radiator but there is no cut
out grill in the bodywork  below the main grill which means that it is not
getting any direct air flow. Presumably this renders it pretty useless? Is
that correct.

3. The routing of one of the hoses is such that it is lying over the top of
the valve cover, which looks pretty ugly. Is it possible to install it so
this isn't the case.

cheers

Derek
www.healeysix.net